Current News

I am currently in the process of migrating the content shared here to a series of new websites hosted at shirleytwofeathers.com.

As you explore this site, you may find links to a "page not found" instead of something cool and magickal. For this I apologize. I am very working hard behind the scenes to restore those pages along with a link to their homes on my new website where they can be viewed in full.

Search the Spells

Sunday, December 23, 2012

The Twelve Days of Yule

The following is a variation on the famous song about the twelve Days of Christmas from Scotland.

Gather a few friends around the fire. Have one of them say or sing the first verse aloud. Then have everyone repeat it, the same with the next verse and so on. As the verses get longer, whoever makes a slip in repeating the lines pays a forfeit - any small object they may possess such as a candy or a nut.

(Note also the 13th day of Yule - a sure sign of an ancient origin.)

The Days of Yule

The King sent his lady on the first Yule day
A papingo-aye (exotic parrot).
Who learns my carol and carries it away?

...
I am so sorry to do this to you, but this post has been moved to my new website, Widdershins (hosted at shirleytwofeathers.com) and can be found in its entirety here: The Twelve Days of Yule


No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin